- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and application development best practices by attending relevant conferences and reading widely
- Participate as a member of the senior management team in establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the organization’s resources are used responsibly, particularly in the areas of app development
- Supervise recruitment, training, retention, and organization of all development staff in accordance with the company hiring process, personnel policies, and budget requirements
- Ensure company technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Share knowledge, mentor, and educate the organization’s investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders with regard to the company’s technological vision, opportunities, and challenges
- Contribute to open-source software development, standardization of technologies, and evolution of best practices by collaborating with peers outside the company, releasing code, presenting at conferences
Skills and Experience
- Should have 8 years + of experience managing application development, with at least 4 years of managing a team of mobile developers
- Should have a strong understanding and command of both iOS and Android SDKs with hands-on coding experience
- Should have a solid understanding of application development methodology and full mobile development lifecycle
- Should have the ability to discern user requirements and develop specifications, and envision app-based services that meet consumer needs or solve business problems
- Should know all the best practices for developing accessible and responsive touch-based user interfaces for multiple screen sizes and a sense of user experience in alignment with the latest material design components as well as should be able to build reusable components following material design guidelines.
- Should have a good understanding of OOPS concepts
- Should be good at solving algorithms and has good knowledge of Data Structures
- Should have good knowledge related to Security implementation (API Security, JWT, OAuth, Session Management, SSL and Certificate Pinning, Data Security using encryption and hashing)
- Should have worked and is willing to work in an agile environment following Scrum/Kanban methodologies and would have good knowledge on accessing Jira tool
- Should have knowledge of Code versioning tools(GIT) and build tools (Gradle)
- Should have good knowledge of writing Unit and UI tests with Espresso, Mockito, Robo Electric etc.
- Should have knowledge on setting up and operating CI/CD pipelines such as Jenkins