This role ensures that the application estate is stable, secure, resilient, and fit for purpose for the UK&I division.
- Define the Application Services lifecycle management strategy and implementation approach for the Division
- Defines the development strategy in conjunction with Enterprise Architecture and the broader IT organization to enable the realization of the IT and UK&I divisional strategic objectives.
- Lead the successful implementation of Agile into the Application Services ways of working and supporting areas, to ensure a business-aligned development agenda.
- Ensuring Incident and Problem management processes and teams are effectively supported.
- Designing and developing the high-level Application Services support strategy to support the division, aligned with the Shared Application Services Central team and supporting the IT Foundation services.
- Aligning to global processes and development standards.
- Determining required solution upgrades and developing the associated backlog of change.
- Engaging with appropriate stakeholders to ensure a Divisional application roadmap is maintained and delivered through the team.
- Determine, manage and control the Application Services budget.
- Manage 3rd party vendors ensuring agreed levels of service and partnering to the Customer UK&I.
- Support the UK&I Digital Transformation strategy.
- Ensure capacity to support changing business environment and needs.
- Ensure the Segment compliance with Divisional and aligned IT policies.
- Optimizing and reporting on applicable risk mitigation across UK&I.
- Creates a cohesive team that develops and integrates the appropriate in house software solutions to support the target architecture.
- Manage & develop a team of developers.
- Representing the business and IT Business Success as part of the IT Strategy Team.
- Management of budget, quality and time.
- Define the Application Services and Development team structures and roles.
- Develop the technical development teams as aligned to the business needs.
- Define the application services change roadmap.
- Define the application development approach and roadmap.
- Implement agile.
- Ensure adherence to governance and policies.
- Develop and ensure application development standards.
- Manage and develop the Application Services team creating development pathways and career enhancement opportunities.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement on the demand processes and ways of working across UK&I.
- Establish collaborative and cohesive relationships with Divisional IT, IT Foundation teams and Shared Application Services teams.
Skills and Experience
- Must have 10+ years of experience.
- must have Construction Sector Background.
- IT Sr. management position for at least 3 years in large organization
- Willing to relocate to Europe/UK
- Experience of leading a software development team
- Good understanding of Development Fundamentals
- Experienced in Application services, lifecycle management, monitoring, and delivery of applications
- Experienced in developing Agile teams;
- A positive, motivational individual with a nurturing management style
- Ability to contribute to the strategic direction of the department and the services it runs
- High level, proven interpersonal and communication skills are essential, as is the ability to lead, and motivate a team of technical professionals
- Qualified by education or experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business
Administration or related field;
- Knowledge in strategic planning and maintaining development roadmaps.
- Experience in budget setting and controls.
- Experience in external vendor management and selection.
- Preferable experience in Construction related activities.
- Strong integrity, organizational and analytical skills, and team management experience.
- Effective communication skills applicable to all levels in the organization.
- Team player, with a proven ability to work with people from different cultures.